Eyebrows play a vital role in shaping the face and enhancing its features. Properly shaped eyebrows can transform your appearance and give you a more polished and put-together look.
However, shaping your eyebrows can be a daunting task, especially if you are new to it. In this guide, we will walk you through the step-by-step approach to shape your eyebrows at home. These steps comprises tips to accentuate eyebrow shape, let it be using an eyebrow shaper tool or other simple mechanism.
By following these simple tips, you can achieve perfectly shaped eyebrows that complement your face and enhance your natural beauty. Whether you are looking for a subtle change or a dramatic transformation, this guide to eyebrow shaping will help you achieve the look you desire. So, let's get started on the journey to beautifully shaped eyebrows!
Identify Which Eyebrow Shape Is Ideal For You
You may ask yourself, “what is the perfect eyebrow shape for my face?”
Well, choosing the best eyebrow shape for you depends on several factors, such as your natural eyebrow shape and your personal preference. Here are some tips to help you decide which eyebrow shape is best for you:
- Determine your face shape: Your face shape can help guide you towards the best eyebrow shape for you. For example, eyebrow shapes for a round face ideally may need to create a high arch to make your face appear longer. If you have a square face, a soft, curved arch may be more flattering.
- Consider your natural eyebrow shape: Work with your natural eyebrow shape to create a flattering, natural-looking arch. Over-plucking or over-shaping your eyebrows can result in an unnatural appearance.
- Look at your hair color: In most scenarios, eyebrow shapes for women depend on hair color. Hence, when selecting a brow color, try matching it with your hair color. For a natural look, choose a color that is one to two shades lighter than the color of your hair.
- Think about your personal style: Your personal style can also influence your eyebrow shape. If you prefer a more natural look, opt for a softer, less defined arch. If you prefer a bold, dramatic look, a high, sharply defined arch may be more suitable.
Ultimately, the best eyebrow shape for you is the one that makes you feel confident and beautiful. Experiment with different shapes and styles to find the one that complements your unique features and personal style.
Be Ready With Your Tools!
Shaping your brows can help enhance your facial features and give you a polished look. In order to succeed on this, you need an eyebrow shape kit that shapes eyebrows efficiently. While there are a variety of tools that you can use, you need to consider your personal preferences and the level of expertise you have. Here are some of the most common tools for shaping brows:
- Tweezers: Tweezers are a must-have tool for shaping your brows. They can be used to pluck stray hairs and create a defined brow shape. Choose tweezers that have a slanted tip, as they are easier to use and give you more precision.
- Brow Scissors: Brow scissors can be used to trim long or unruly eyebrow hairs. They are small and have rounded tips to prevent accidentally snipping your skin.
- Brow Razor: A brow razor is a great tool for removing hair from larger areas of your brow quickly. Use it with caution, as it's easy to accidentally remove too much hair.
- Brow Brush: A brow brush can be used to shape and groom your brows. It can also be used to blend in any brow products you apply. A dual ended brow brush like the one from The Look By Joi is an ideal brow brush to experiment for eyebrow shape up.
- Brow Pencil: A brow pencil can be used to fill in any gaps in your brows and create a fuller look. Choose a shade that matches your natural hair color. Be sure to choose a brow pencil that doesn’t smudge or fade for a clean finish.
- Brow Gel: A brow gel can be used to set your brows in place and add definition. Choose a clear or tinted gel depending on your preference.
When using any of these tools to shape your brows, be sure to work slowly and carefully to avoid any mishaps. If you're new to shaping your brows, consider seeking the help of a professional to get started. Professional assistance, especially techniques that shapes eyebrow with threading, is highly necessary to do it correctly and safely.
Map Out The Eyebrow Shape
Mapping out your eyebrow shape is an important step in shaping your brows. It helps ensure that both eyebrows are symmetrical and that you achieve the desired shape. Here's how you can map out your eyebrow shape:
- Start by finding the beginning point of your eyebrows. Hold a straight object, such as a pencil, vertically against the side of your nose, and mark the spot where it meets your brow. This is where your eyebrow should start.
- Next, find the highest point of your arch. Hold the straight object diagonally from the bottom of your nose to the outer corner of your eye, and mark the highest point of your brow where it intersects with the object.
- Finally, find the endpoint of your eyebrow. Hold the straight object diagonally from the bottom of your nose to the outer corner of your eye, and mark the spot where it intersects with your brow. This is where your eyebrow should end.
- Connect the marks. Using a brow pencil, lightly draw a line along the bottom of your brow, starting from the beginning point and following the natural shape of your brow. Then, draw a line from the beginning point to the highest point of your arch and another line from the highest point to the end point. Fill in any gaps or sparse areas within the shape.
- Repeat on the other eyebrow. Once you have mapped out the shape of one eyebrow, repeat the process on the other eyebrow to ensure symmetry.
Remember to work slowly and gently when shaping your eyebrows, and to use the mapped out shape as a guide. Be sure to step back and check the overall look as you shape brows to ensure that you are happy with the results.
Finish The Look By Brushing Your Brows
Brushing your eyebrows is an important step in maintaining their shape and appearance. It helps to tame unruly hairs and evenly distribute any products you may apply. Here's how to brush your eyebrows:
- Start by finding a clean and dry spoolie brush or eyebrow brush. A spoolie brush looks like a mascara wand with soft bristles, while an eyebrow brush has stiffer bristles and can have an angled or straight edge.
- Hold the brush at a slight angle and gently brush your eyebrow hairs upward and outward in the direction of hair growth. This will help to identify any stray or unruly hairs that need to be trimmed or plucked.
- Next, use the brush to shape your brows. Using small, gentle strokes, brush your eyebrow hairs into the desired shape. If you have long eyebrow hairs, you may need to trim them with a small pair of scissors.
- If you use any brow products, such as a pencil or powder, use the brush to blend the product and evenly distribute it throughout your brows. This will help to create a natural and polished look.
- Repeat on the other eyebrow. Once you have finished brushing and shaping one eyebrow, repeat the process on the other eyebrow to ensure symmetry.
Remember to brush your eyebrows gently to avoid pulling or damaging the hair. You can also use a brow gel to help set the shape of your eyebrows in place.
Shaping your eyebrows is an important step in enhancing your overall look. There are many tools and techniques available to help you achieve your desired eyebrow shape. Mapping out your eyebrow shape and brushing your eyebrows are two essential steps in the shaping process. However, make sure to use the right tools from reputable brands for best results. The Look By Joi, a lauded cosmetic and microblading brand, offers a wide variety of eyebrow shaping tools that are not only sufficient, but understands eyebrow aesthetics at best.
Remember to work slowly and carefully, and to use a light touch to avoid over-plucking or damaging your brows. With a little practice and patience, you can create a polished and symmetrical eyebrow shape that complements your facial features.